Wednesday, October 1, 2014

WiP Wednesday - Quilt Show Prep

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

On Monday I dropped off all four quilts for the show and breathed a sigh of relief. Now I am prepping for my demonstration on Sunday.

When I signed up to take a slot, I didn't have any idea what I'd be doing. Suddenly at the last meeting, people wanted details. I ran through a few possibilities, dismissing each as being hard to teach on a "rolling" basis as people walk by or because they would require too much stuff.

I was listening to...someone?...talk about the Fall Fabric Postcard Swap that Sandi is hosting over at Quilt Cabana Corner, and I realized that would be a perfect thing to demonstrate. I can have several postcards and ATCs in the various stages for people to see, and I can work on one or two from start to finish. Hopefully by the end I will have the postcard for my swap finished, plus a spare or two. Two birds, one stone and all that.

I have been cutting and fusing and prepping my materials, and I've gathered some of those that I've received over the years as examples. I may even put together a kit or two and do a drawing at the end of my shift.

If you had advice about making fabric postcards, what would it be? I'll be sure to share it with anyone who comes by.



3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just had to leave you a comment about your blog because I just discovered it yesterday as I was looking for a way to share my old projects on Throwback Thursday. Thanks for setting up the link party. I'll link up with you tomorrow. About the fabric postcards. I just made a tiny quilt using Karen Eckmeier's Layered Curves and Accidental Landscapes. That might be a fun and easy demo for making postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your demonstration!!! I can't wait to hear about it and I love the idea of a drawing being included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only advice I'd be giving is to "have fun!" Postcards are the perfect place to test out new techniques, practice FMQ, have fun with wild color combinations, etc., because it's so low commitment. If it doesn't work, you've only blown about 4x6" of fabric, LOL. I wish I could come see your demo--I think it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...