Sunday, September 7, 2014

Houseworks Holiday Plan - Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity Week

OrganizedChristmas.com/></a><br />
<br />
a href=

It's Week 2! Time to focus on schedules and ~gulp~ decluttering the quilt studio. I guess week 2 of any plan is going to be the tough one for me; on the Holiday Grand Plan week 2 was the office!

Last week was good. I got my desk cleared off and added to the giant "to be shredded" stack.  We reviewed the notes from last year, and thought about this year - everything from "focus" to which recipes we liked and which ones to replace.

Moving ahead: the calendar is the easy part. We are so fortunate that we do not have to travel for any of the holidays, and Deuce will drive himself home from school now that he has a car there. Since I ditched the Christmas cards, I don't do a family portrait session either.

I am looking at the calendar and counting weeks to see when to get my hair done so that I don't wake up the Monday before Christmas and realize that I look like hell and won't have time or access to a salon for two more weeks. Priorities, you know?

I have my Gift List ready, and even have a few ideas. I don't know that I'll be making any homemade gifts this year, but I always laugh out loud at the Crafter's Rule of Four on the Organized Home site. If I followed this rule I'd never be allowed to buy fabric again!

How did last week go for you? What will you schedule this week? Are you making homemade gifts this year?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...