Friday, February 7, 2014

FMQ and Finish It Up Friday - A Little Quilt to Swap


Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?  I'm so excited to have finished my little quilt for ALQS8.  I decided not to use the block that was made, but instead try my hand at a whole cloth quilt inspired by this beauty over at Sampaguita Quilts call Crystallised. I have loved this quilt since the moment I laid eyes on it, and can't tell you how many times I've gone back to this post to look at the close up pictures of Emma's incredible free motion stitching.


Mine doesn't hold a candle to that one, but I'm happy with this first attempt.  It was so much fun to doodle with my beautiful Aurifil threads on white linen.  It is far from perfect, but I do love it.  Sorry my pictures are not better, but we've been having so many gray days lately and the sun only seems to come out when I'm at work.


Free Motion Quilting Friday

Today is Free Motion Quilting Friday over at Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project.  Thanks so much to Leah for the inspiration and "permission" she has given us over the years to get creative with our stitches.  I think it is largely due to her blog that I get so much joy from this type of stitching.



I'm also linking up with Finish it Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF! Here is the back, which I like almost as well as the front.



What's happening in your studio today?
 


5 comments:

  1. This is great!! Love the colors and wholecloth effect. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I've been thinking about doing a wholecloth quilt lately...maybe this is the inspiration I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others, it looks fantastic! It's my dream to make a whole cloth quilt one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous job! Very nice stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your quilt… it looks beautiful. I may try something like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...